Quantcast

How to charge the Mophie juice pack air?

How to charge the Mophie juice pack air?

bay-2-3
I just bought Mophie juice pack air and dont know hiw to charge them both, iPhone and juice pack, so they will fully charge in the time. Thanks to let me know how.

Bay ISMOYO
+62 811137517

Sent from my  iPhone

Re: How to charge the Mophie juice pack air?

Bill Boulware
Just plug it in with the supplied cable either to your computer or to the AC
USB block that came with the iPhone - it will charge your iPhone first and
when it is full will charge the Mophie.  If you want to charge them both at
the same time, remove the phone charge it with the Apple cable (computer or
AC adapter) and charge the Mophie with the Mophie cable on the opposite.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 18:25, Bay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just bought Mophie juice pack air and dont know hiw to charge them both,
> iPhone and juice pack, so they will fully charge in the time. Thanks to let
> me know how.
>
> Bay ISMOYO
> +62 811137517
>
> Sent from my  iPhone

Re: How to charge the Mophie juice pack air?

bay-2-3
Thanks for your reply Bill. I've tried to methods, first by charging the Mophie where the iPhone still inside and the button set to red (standby) and second the same only the button going to green (charging).

For the first method my juice pack got fully charge but the iPhone got drained, and the second method made the iPhone charging, but the juice pack got drained.

So now I'm charging seperatelly. But need to slide out the iPhone each time I want to charge them. If there is a way, I need the step by step how to charge correctly without slide out the iPhone but both fully charge. Thanks.

Bay ISMOYO
+62 811137517

Sent from my  iPhone

On 27 Jul 2009, at 06:14, Bill Boulware <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just plug it in with the supplied cable either to your computer or to the AC
USB block that came with the iPhone - it will charge your iPhone first and
when it is full will charge the Mophie.  If you want to charge them both at
the same time, remove the phone charge it with the Apple cable (computer or
AC adapter) and charge the Mophie with the Mophie cable on the opposite.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 18:25, Bay <[hidden email]> wrote:

I just bought Mophie juice pack air and dont know hiw to charge them both,
iPhone and juice pack, so they will fully charge in the time. Thanks to let
me know how.

Bay ISMOYO
+62 811137517

Sent from my  iPhone

Re: How to charge the Mophie juice pack air?

Bill Boulware
Bay, I have never experienced either.  Having the Mophie turned on (green
dot) or off (red dot) has no effect - once you plug it in, it turns off the
Mophie and charges the phone until it is full then charges the Mophie (blue
lights start flashing again).

Personally, I keep mine turned on all the time.  Despite the 'manual' and
user forums, I prefer to have both the iPhone and JP fully charged, used the
JP first and when it runs out use the iPhone battery until it is fully
discharged, then recharge both (while connected).  The only time I take it
out is when I don't have the time to charge them "together" (~4-7 hours
since the phone charges then the JP, they do not charge "at the same time").

I don't know why you are seeing one drain over the other unless the power
source is not-consistent (irregular voltage) or being turned on or off, I
have seen this a couple of times where the charging chime didn't happen and
I unplug and plug it back in and all is fine - just make sure you see the
'charging' item on the phone.

Both devices usually last 36-60 hours (a day and a half to two and a half)
for me depending on usage.  Depending on when I want to sync or if I am at
the office, I rotate between wall outlet and computer charging but neither
have ever drained one over the other.  Typically I charge my phone 2 or 3
times a week, once is usually at the office (via computer that I don't sync
on), once via AC adapter (over night at home), and once via my laptop (which
what I do sync on) which is my sync and charge where my podcasts get
updated, music synced, etc.  Occasionally, I will plug it into my USB/Car
adapter when I have forgotten to charge or am doing a lot of errands /
driving around.

As far as step by step, just plug it in with either the included cable or
one of the spares that I bought from monoprice.com to computer, wall
adapter, or car adapter - that is it, the phone chimes like it is being
charged by itself and once it is full it starts charging the JP.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 19:25, Bay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Bill. I've tried to methods, first by charging the
> Mophie where the iPhone still inside and the button set to red (standby) and
> second the same only the button going to green (charging).
>
> For the first method my juice pack got fully charge but the iPhone got
> drained, and the second method made the iPhone charging, but the juice pack
> got drained.
>
> So now I'm charging seperatelly. But need to slide out the iPhone each time
> I want to charge them. If there is a way, I need the step by step how to
> charge correctly without slide out the iPhone but both fully charge. Thanks.
>
> Bay ISMOYO
> +62 811137517
>
> Sent from my  iPhone

Re: How to charge the Mophie juice pack air?

bay-2-3
Thanks again Bill, next time I'll try one more time by charging them both together.

Bay ISMOYO
+62 811137517

Sent from my  iPhone